RESOURCES – WARRANTY INFORMATION
1) The purchase of a new SalDan home comes with the additional benefit of a lifetime warranty on the foundation, as well as a 7 year Tarion new home warranty against defects.
2) At the time of sale, we will provide you with a Tarion new home warranty manual as well as the additional warranty we provide above Tarion. We will go through these manuals in detail with you explaining the contents and how to go about using the manual if need be.
3) Before your closing date, the most senior company employee (usually the owner) will walk through your new house with you and do a detailed per-delivery inspection of your home. This will give us another opportunity to discuss your warranty and address any items before you move in to your home.
4) 30 days after your closing date, we will send a customer service representative to your home to address any issues or defects that may have presented themselves in your first month of occupancy. This will also give you an opportunity to discuss any warranty questions you may have, or to provide us with feedback on your experience with us.
5) Finally, 1 year after your closing date we will once again send our customer service representative to your home to address any issues or defects that may have presented themselves over the past year. You can rest assure that we will do our best to provide you with a quality home and address any issues you may have! You deserve the best!
How to Handle a Warranty Issue
1) The first step to resolve any warranty issue with your home is contact our customer service staff at (705) 942-5540. Our staff is typically available Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm. We will do our best to provide you with a quick and efficient response to your issue.
2) In the event of an after-hours emergency, you can call any 24 hour emergency service provider to remedy your issue. This should only be done if you absolutely cannot get a hold of SalDan customer service and if your issue falls under our definition of an emergency (we will provide you with a list of emergency issues along with your warranty information). As long as your issue falls under our definition of an emergency, we will gladly reimburse you for the costs associated with the repair.
3) If you have any minor issues with your home, keep track of them on a list and we will gladly address them during our 30-day or 1-year walk-through.
4) Below is a list of all of our sub-trades, and the relevant contact information in the event you cannot reach one of our customer service representatives.